2019 Application Packet :: NGAKS Community Leadership Training Scholarship
- To establish guidelines and procedures for recommending and selecting NGAKS members to receive the NGAKS Community Leadership Training Scholarship.
- Motivate NGAKS members to get involved in their communities in order to educate community leaders on the Kansas National Guard and work hand in hand to improve communities throughout Kansas.
- Provide Kansas National Guard officers more opportunities for professional development outside of the organization through involvement in civic programs and community project development.
- Promote good public relations and understanding between the National Guard and the community through civic involvement. Further emphasizing and promoting the ideals of the Kansas National Guard and Citizen Soldier concept.
Scholarship Recipient Requirements. Candidates for the Community Leadership Training Scholarship will be recommended in accordance with the following:
- Tier 1: Scholarships will be offered NGAKS members receiving the Army or Air Outstanding Officer or Warrant Officer of the year award. If nominees elect not to accept scholarships within 90 days or fail to complete registration in a community leadership program within 180 days from receipt of scholarship, scholarships will be opened up to Tier 2 applicants.
- Tier 2: NGAKS members will submit their application at least 60 days prior to the beginning of selected community leadership program start date
- (1) All NGAKS are eligible for this scholarship under the tier 2 selection process, with the exception of those that have been previous selectees of the respective scholarship.
- (2) Application packets are reviewed by the Awards Committee and recommended to the NGAKS executive board for approval.
- (3) Non selected applicants are encouraged to resubmit their application for reconsideration the following year and will be considered based on availability of funding.
- (4) Recipients will have 30 days to complete enrollment in a leadership program.
Application Submission :: Submit Form Electronically Below
OR Complete, Print and Mail PDF to NGAKS, 125 SE Airport Drive, Topeka, KS 66619.
Thank you for your Scholarship Nomination